A word of warning: Templates are guides to help you cover the ground thoroughly and to assist you in tackling new challenges. They should not be used as a substitute for thinking. Every time you address a section of a template you should be asking
- Why is this information useful?
- Who needs to know this?
- What questions will this information raise with the reader?
And now, the list.
For the Project Manager
- Project Management Plan (Karl Weigers)
- An MS Project ITS project plan template
- Project Quality Plan
- Project Risk Management Plan
- Project Communications Template
- Requirements Management Plan (Business Analysts P/L, Craig's employer)
- Simple Change Request Form (ProjectManagement.com)
- User Story Template (and guidelines)
- Use Case Template (Karl Weigers)
- Basic Use Case Template (Alistair Cockburn)