A common failure mode of teams is poor planning. An aspect of planning quality os the frequency that you inspect and change your plans based on learning new information.
If you go on for months without changing plan either you are working on something very boring or you are not adapting enough. At the other end of the spectrum if you are changing plans every two or three days you are probably not planning sufficient.
- What is the right planning horizon for your team?
- What lives in the three planning horizons?
- Horizon 1 (Now)
- Horizon 2 (Next)
- Horizon 3 (Later)
- What are you doing according to to the three horizons?
- Now: Do it
- Next: prepare for it
- Later: early explorations
- Does your work plan/backlog reflect the three horizons? Have you visualised it sufficiently?
- What insights do you get from this discussion?
- What are you going to do about this?