Scrum is about values before practices.
- Focus: Let's get everyone on the same page and focused on the same goals. Let's remove distractions.
- Courage: Don't be shit. Don't let poor work or poor behaviours live in our team. Push boundaries and make things better.
- Openness: Be personally transparent, and share what the team is doing with others in an open manner. Don't hide anything. Show reality.
- Commitment: Let's look after each other and our customers. Let's personally care about this stuff.
- Respect: Everyone is doing their best given the circumstances. Have faith in each other and help each other where they need it. Be patient and support each other's growth which will be different to your own journey. Appreciate diversity in all aspects, and work together.
I wonder how it would have spread and what people would be saying these days if it had been passed around i this form instead of practices?