According to the meetup group we played with the other day it is paper prototypes.
(You can see the whole list of techniques we discussed here, and the game we used to create the list here.)
|Ideas for DarkPatterns.org homepage|
What we the criteria that got it up as the champion technique on the night?
- You can test business ideas with them
- Paper prototypes can be built quickly and edited just as quickly
- They can be disposed of equally quickly and with less fanfare than the deletion of an exquisitely crafted Balsamiq wireframe
- Pictures tell a thousand words
- Screen sketches capture key business data
- Screen and flow sketches capture important process and interaction flows
- The combination of the above help you discover edge cases
- A paper sketch doesn't get you caught up on details of design or UX
Here are some handy resources on Paper Prototyping