- Alignment: We have a shared view of goals and approach
- Flow: We have a steady flow, avoiding peaky demand
- Learning: We prioritize time and space for learning and improving together
- Respect: We empathize with each other as a first step to solving problems
- Nurture: Management (and everyone's) stance towards teammates is to nurture and support, not to direct and control
- Purpose: We know why we are doing the things we are doing
- Autonomy: We minimize the dependencies in our team on other teams *
- Transparency: We publish as much as we can about our goals and progress as widely as possible
Take a moment to reflect on this list and your own teams. What areas for improvement do you have? Perhaps table this list as a topic in a retrospective.
* This one is interesting for me as it is about minimizing the potential for conflict rather than working towards a better holistic outcome. I think it's worth a deeper investigation.